How To Manage Expectations And Challenges Of Employing Maids In SingaporeUnited Channel
There are more than 230,000 maids in Singapore working in all segments of the families. Many households in Singapore employ a maid to help with the household chores and caring for the young and elderly so that more Singaporeans are able to join the workforce, knowing that their homes are well taken care of while they are at work.
As in any employer-employee relationship, it is important that both parties work towards establishing a harmonious working relationship. As an employer, you have an important part to play in helping your maid in Singapore adjust to the life and work in Singapore.
• Not be able to speak or understand your language easily. The spoken English of your maid in Singapore may not meet your expectations
• Not be able to care for your loved ones or to clean your home according to your expectations
• Need constant supervision and coaching
• Have difficulty adjusting to living and working in a new environment
• Have a different way of life, beliefs and customs
The job scopes of the maids in Singapore largely revolves around domestic chores, therefore, it is impractical to detail every task as these vary with households. Have reasonable expectations of your Singapore maid.
The bottom line is that no maids in Singapore should be forced to do something that she is either untrained to do or does not feel comfortable doing them.
But once you have decided to employ a Singapore maid, think through your selection criteria carefully. Focus on the primary duties you want your maid in Singapore to fulfil and select a maid in Singapore with the skills and qualities to perform those duties.
Caring for children
Look for the maids in Singapore who:
• Likes children
• Are energetic and patient
• Are pleasant and willing to learn
• Have experience caring for children
• Have the ability to communicate with your children
The Singapore maids should be: Physically strong if the family member needs assistance to move around
• Patient and sensitive
• willing to learn
• Have experience in looking after the invalid, disabled or elderly
• Have the ability to communicate in a language the family member is familiar with
Cleaning the house/cooking
A suitable Singapore maid should be: Familiar with using household appliances
• Know some basic English if you require the maid in Singapore to do marketing or shopping for groceries and be able to do some cooking.
If you are looking for a part time helper or Myanmar maids, check out United Channel.